Free Income Tax Assistance
Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin is offering tax assistance to eligible individuals in Hennepin County. Taxes are prepared and electronically filed free of charge by
For a list of dates, times and locations, download the 2012-2013 schedule below:
Download the 2012-2013 Tax Clinic Schedule
Click here to download the 2012-2013 Intake Packet
Please review the guidelines below.
- $35,000 or less for individuals
- $45,000 or less for families
What Should I bring with me?
- Valid Picture ID
- Social Security cards, for you, your spouse and all your dependents
- Last year's tax return
- Interest / Dividend Statements (1099-INT, 1099- DIV)
- Alimony you have received
- Unemployment income statements (1099-G)
- Social Security Statements (Form SSA)
- Retirement Plans (1099-R)
- Miscellaneous Income (1099-MISC)
- Year-end statements for MFIP, SSI, MSA, GA, veteran's benefits and worker's compensation
- Tuition payments and student loan interest payments
- IRA contributions
- Receipt or listing of itemized expenses:
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Cash or non-cash charitable donations
- Vehicle license tabs
- Property taxes paid
- Job-related moving expenses
- Mortgage interest paid
- Uniform costs
- Daycare expenses- name, address and social security number or EIN for each provider
- Receipts for education expenses you paid for your children in grades K-12. For example, tutoring, musical instruments, musical lessons, pencils, notebooks, academic camps, etc.
- Property tax refund documents
- Certificate of Rent paid from your landlord (CRP)
- Property tax statement
To schedule an appointment call 952-697-1414.
If you are interested in becoming a tax assistance volunteer contact Alona Posherstnik at (952) 933-9639 x 204.
For a list of additional free tax preparation sites throughout Minnesota, visit